Digital Champion Training – 2020
Connecting Scotland training is provided by the Mhor Collective, our training delivery partners. We have two different training sessions. If you’re new to Connecting Scotland you should join the Core Digital Champion Training. This is an introduction to Connecting Scotland and your role as a Digital Champion. If you’ve already been on this training we invite you to join our Families, Children and Young People Training session. This builds on what we cover in the Core Digital Champion session. Both training sessions are available on different dates on both Zoom and Teams. The sessions will be highlighted as either a Zoom or Teams session, so pick the platform that works best for you.
Please note, we update training dates and availability every couple of weeks. We currently have plans to run these training sessions throughout 2021. We usually add dates 3 weeks in advance to help us manage and monitor the demand for each session.
Core Digital Champion Training
In this 2.5 hour session you will be introduced to Connecting Scotland and your role as a Digital Champion. This session will help you:
- Understand and explain the benefits of being online
- Understand how to engage a new learner who has limited or no digital skills/confidence
- Demonstrate how a Digital Champion can support a new learner remotely
- Create a structured approach for delivering digital skills support
Families, Children and Young People
This training sessions builds on what you’ve learnt in the Core Digital Champion training as is particularly relevant for anyone involved in Phase 2 of Connecting Scotland, working with families with children, and young care leavers. In this session we will cover:
- A recap of digital inequality in Scotland
- The 5 Digital Rights and how they impact on young people
- Empowering young people, parents and carers in the digital space
- Resources to help you in your role as a Digital Champion