If you are an organisation that already works with the target groups for Connecting Scotland, you can apply for devices to distribute.
Residents in Scotland’s Care Homes
If you are a registered care home in Scotland, you can apply for an iPad and internet connectivity as part of the Digital Inclusion – Connecting Residents in Scotland’s Care Homes initiative.
Connecting Scotland Phase 2
Phase 1 of Connecting Scotland, now completed, aimed to reach people who were clinically vulnerable to coronavirus.
There are two rounds of applications planned in Phase 2. The target groups are:
- households with children, or where a child is normally resident (this includes pregnant women with no child in the household)
- care leavers up to the age of 26 (in line with eligibility for aftercare support)
The first round of applications closed on 5th October.
The second round of applications opened on 24th November and will close at 11am on 18th January 2021.
You can read the full application guidance and frequently asked questions before completing your application. You should also check the number of devices available for the Council area(s) you are applying in, as some have limited availability.
Phase 2 application process
1) Identify how many people you will support through your application, outline their digital needs and how you will support them.
2) Complete the application form and submit it by 11am on 18th January 2021.
3) SCVO and your local Council will assess your application and the decision will be communicated by the end of February 2021.
4) Kit (devices and data) will be delivered to successful organisations from the start of March. The Digital Champions identified in the application will receive training.
5) Successful organisations will distribute kit to those they have identified in their applications.
6) Once kit is delivered to recipients Digital Champions will support the set-up of the devices and data and provide 6 months ongoing support.