Organisations – supporting the most vulnerable to get online
Organisations can apply for support on behalf of the people they work with. This includes:
- Digital devices – iPads and/or Chromebooks
- Internet connectivity – a mobile WiFi hotspot with 24 months unlimited data
- Training and support – for staff and volunteers to become ‘digital champions’ to support people to use the internet confidently and safely
Previous application rounds have targeted those at high clinical risk from coronavirus, families with children, young care leavers, older people, people with disabilities and residents in care homes. Read our latest Impact Report to find out what we have achieved so far with the help of our partners and participating organisations.
We are now approaching the end of Connecting Scotland in its current form, and we are encouraging anyone working with people who are digitally excluded to apply as soon as possible to access the remaining devices.
The eligibility criteria now encourage applications from anyone working organisations which help to tackle poverty and inequality. You can apply for a single device or up to 10 devices for people you work with that meet both the following criteria:
- They are digitally excluded – they currently do not have access to an appropriate device and/or internet connection at home; and
- They are from a low-income household – they cannot afford to buy a device or pay for internet access from their household income.
We will aim to assess, award and distribute these devices before Christmas (although early applications are advised, as delivery cannot be fully guaranteed). Later applications may be accepted, depending on demand, but not awarded and delivered until mid-January.