Digital Champion training
Digital Champions are your existing staff or volunteers that work with people and will be delivering the devices and providing support for them to get online and use the devices confidently, safely and effectively.
Full information and support for Digital Champions is available on a dedicated area of the website.
We’ve also created a role description that you can use to help recruit Digital Champions. Feel free to use this or adapt it for your own needs.
Training for Digital Champions can also be booked via /digital-champions/training so please share this link with your teams. We’re running a range of different training sessions:
- Core Digital Champion Training – this 2.5 hour session explores the essentials of being a Digital Champion, delivering support remotely, and engaging with new learners who lack digital skills and confidence. This is best suited to anyone who has just started being a Digital Champion.
- Digital Champions for Families, Children and Young People – this 2.5 hour session explores some of the unique aspects of supporting families, children and young people to use the internet confidently and safely.
- Employability – this session will connect the employability pipeline with digital inclusion, as well as developing digital skills for both life and work.
- Chromebook and iPad Demos – these sessions will provide live demos of each device with time for Q&A from Digital Champions attending the session.
- Essential Digital Skills – these sessions build on the Core Digital Champion training, giving Digital Champions the opportunity to explore different Essential Digital Skills in more detail. the four sessions are:
- Foundation Skills and Communication Tools
- Handling Information and Content
- Problem Solving and Staying Safe Online
- Transacting – Shopping, Public Services and Banking
Sessions are delivered over Zoom and Teams, and we highlight which platform is being used when you select a date. We usually add in new dates three weeks in advance.
We keep a record of the numbers of people attending from each organisation. We would expect to see the appropriate proportion of Digital Champions from each organisation based on how many devices they have received. If you haven’t released staff/volunteers for Digital Champion training as outlined in your Organisation Agreement we will follow-up with you individually. This could impact on your ability to participate in any future rounds of Connecting Scotland.